Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotty
Contributor
Message 161 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Thanks for you concern on my gateway v consumer  .. but no reason to worry .. the gateway scanning operates completely independent of the local clients .... no software footprint on client PCs or ipads etc

I have patience on these matters ... the last McAfee memory leak i survived took McAfee 4 months to fix ... this one is must easier to work around

indigorayne
Former Member
Message 162 of 358

Jump to solution

Open control panel administrative tools then services also works.

teapot
Contributor
Message 163 of 358

Jump to solution

catdaddy, regarding my extraneous service installed under a local account, I ran the uninstall because my machine was not longer responding within any timely matter (I gave up after 5 minutes clicking on mcafee icons), could no longer kill this analytics thing from control panel, my firewall was blocking everything.  The uninstall itself hung and never completed after 8+ hours.   I did even get a "script is running slowly" error (no joke literally and figuratively) which I allowed to keep running.   After killing the GUI via taskmanager after leaving it trying to get rid of everyting after running overnight, noticed the service.  Downloaded the cleanup script and that didn't remove it either.   Took screen shots and posted one even showing cleanup tool.  Reboot didn't clean it up either.   Never ran any registry cleanup tool on this machine other than what your own tool tries to do.

Have NOT reinstalled because figured I"d only get back into this analytics hell on that machine.   Not sure which post you were referring to.   Maybe something got deleted because the number you pointed to has nothing to do with my issues because of this.

But it sounds like you are telling me to now reinstall and then immediately uninstall and that is how I might get rid of the process????   Shouldn't your cleanup tool cleanup everything????   I mean if reinstalling and uninstalling is my only solution, I can try that but would think you'd want this feedback that your cleanup tool isn't cleaning up everything.    I'm concerned that a service is even installed under the temp data for a local account.  That alone doesn't sound right.   

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 164 of 358

Jump to solution

Actually, I have chosen to refrain from posting anymore in regards to this issue. For when a discussion gets as verbose as this one is, one can get lost in translation. As I stated above, I will leave it in the most capable hands of the Technicians/Engineers.

I feel I have done my part, in compiling some users names to share their logs for the fix.

I think all has been said that can be said, and we should simply be patient until we are updated.

Thank you for your input.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
teapot
Contributor
Message 165 of 358

Jump to solution

Machine #2 is now in the identical useless state and I know pretty much  what happened.   Patch was being applied, and installed that same service that was installed on my other machine under a local account.   My browser froze (could not get to the internet).   AnalyticsSDK running but could not be killed.  Wouldn't be surprised if the patch was then trying to pull some other files and couldn't.   Or is hung waiting for AnalyticsSDK to shut down but wouldn't.    When I tried to reboot,  windows 10 told me mcafee was trying to update.   I gave it time but it never could finish.   Probably self blocking itself.  Eventually just had it shut down anyway and tried to permanently disable client analytics service.   Control panel said it was "stopping", went back in and still says "stopping"   Apparently it just won't stop.    I set service to disabled.    Rebooted.   Back in control panel and see analyticsSDK running again (again in a "Stopping" state even though it's listed as DISABLED).  Within about 2 minutes, I cannot get on the internet with ANY browser on that machine.   And with the other, cannot be bring up the mcafee dialogues by clicking on the task bar icon.

user_146575
Former Member
Message 166 of 358

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled the program and am just using windows defender.  so far so good.  So, when is the fix coming? will i get an emial about it or do i have to reinstall and then uncheck that one diagnostic you told me about?  any ideas?

teapot
Contributor
Message 167 of 358

Jump to solution

this machine actually uninstalled unlike the first....only think I did differently was to uninstall webadvisor first.   Noticed I was able to get to some mcafee survey site after doing that so  correctly assumed firewall was blocking almost everything else.   And couldn't get it to turn off  (was getting script is running slow every time I tried to bring up pieces of the GUI just as in the other machine).   Total Protection uninstall took forever to come up but eventually did.   

Decided to check one last time at was running before doing my uninstalls....imaging my surprise in seeing 2 copies of mcafee in taskmanager.   I don't even know how this can happen unless something not of microsoft is starting these services again....   Probably why my machine was toast.

Peacekeeper
Message 168 of 358

Jump to solution

That is the same as mine and I am on 15.1. The second item has a > beside it so it is a sub process of the firewall and validation service. No issue there the blocking is an issue and I have mentioned it as an item in our call tomorrow.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 169 of 358

Jump to solution

Fix update:

Over the weekend we were able to confirm that the hotfix works to resolve this issue.

We have now built the fix into the suite updates, which will *start* releasing globally late on Wednesday (Feb 1st). 

==> Note that you may not get the fix immediately - depending on where you live, the language of your system, and from whom you bought your McAfee suite.  Until then, you may wish to leave the ClientAnalyticsService disabled.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 170 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you Doug

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community