cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happyface2ca
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Activation not doing anything.

I am currently trying to fix my husbands computer.  The other day I plugged his computer into the internet through the cable to check something out.  When I unplugged it the internet would no longer work through the wireless router.  This happened when we first set up the internet in our home and my husband believes we had to go into McAfee and change the settings, because there was something that was blocking the wireless internet connection.  I should say that we can connect to the network there is just no internet connect.  So anyway we went to open McAffee AuniVirus Plus but it would only show up as a blank white screen.  I found on the community the link to download the file that will fix this, and I did this and restart the computer.  Now it says that the computer is at risk and the we need to set up our McAfee software.  I click on setup and a screen pops up that shows "Activing your Product please wait while we connect to McAfee.com"  And the wheel is spinning but it doesn't do anything.  Eventually it disappears but nothing has happened.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?  So that we can get the wireless internet to work on his computer again.

3 Replies
happyface2ca
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Activation not doing anything.

Also it's on Windows 7

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Make sure that operating system is totally up to date (7 SP1 + all subsequent updates), and even if you don't use it as your default browser, ensure thyat Internet Explorer is the latest version (11) and set to its defaults.  The McAfee interface is essentially an IE webpage therefore sensitive to problems with IE.

In this instance I think the best way around this would be to uninstall McAfee via Control Panel > Programs, then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot, then reinstall from the online account.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/12/13 7:56:47 EST PM
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' and locking it. As it s over 4 years old

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community