cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hohoanganh
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

100% Disk

I do not understand why i setup McAfee Live Update for my laptop, the computer very slow and slow. Can not open Microsoft office, browser and some things like that.

And always time meet to full 100% Disk.

The laptop was broken and tired for a long time

I used McAfee Virtual Technician to support me troubleshoot and repair it. But nothing else to know (satisfactory)

Now, I removed it and help me how to fix it before I set up again.

Many thanks!

Laptop configuration:

TOSHIBA

Intel Core i3 4000M CPU@2.4Ghz-3Mb

RAM: 8Gb

System Type: 64-bit

Windows 10 Pro

9 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 10

Re: 100% Disk

Have you got or had any other antivirus or firewall installed on the laptop. These have to be first removed by their own removal tool then install Mcafee.

When you uninstalled McAfee did you use the MCPR removal tool?

MCPR

IF still an issue best call support in your country

Support

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

What's the question you need help answering?

If it's how to install Livesave, just sign in at home.mcafee.com, and you'll find the download link for your subscribed products.

hohoanganh
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

I want to set up McAfee Live Safe ensure memory disk.

Increase available memory at Disk Tab on Task Manager.

Improve the situation slow laptop and can run other program (Microsoft office / Browser /...) are fast and good

Thank you!

hohoanganh
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

I understand how can i remove it.

But I want to fix 100% Disk (increase available memory) when I set up McAfee again.

I'm stay on Viet Nam. How can I contact with "McAfee support center"

Thank you!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact  Select Country.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Click Contact Support

Then select "My Country Is Not Listed (Asia/Pacific)

Technical Assistance is what you need.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Am curious to know which process/service is utilizing the disk. Perhaps a screenshot with Disk Usage of top Apps/processes might help.

Ade57
Contributor II
Message 10 of 10

The current issue was originally noted 5/9/16, but I did not have the problem until now (7/23/18) .  I recently noticed that McAfee Update Launcher is often dominating my disc useage, up to 100 percent for long periods.  This has been going on now for a couple weeks.  McAfee updates within the last two weeks now displays a different Total Protection user screen, so possibly the excessive disc useage is related to those updates.

It seems like McAfee comes through with updates, but problems arise that use excessive CPU, memory and/ or disc.  I had a problem, also noted by the community, back in the Spring 2018 of McAfee Core Module dominating CPU, memory and disc.  That problem took a several months for McAfee to resolve.  The updates are not being screened and tested very well for these problems.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community