cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 1 of 13

ports of emule

as set emule to have high id in  firewall 13.1?

Forospyware Warrior
12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: ports of emule

Don't understand the question sorry.

miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 3 of 13

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1 I had id high prior to upgrading to version  firewall 13.1 and now I have low id

Forospyware Warrior
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

I still don't understand, priority?  ID?   Where exactly in SecurityCenter are you seeing this?  A screenshot might help.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/12/12 7:51:37 EST AM
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 5 of 13

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1&rm=show_topic&topic_id=308. in Why do I get a low ID?

if my firewall is on i have low id...sorry if you understand ..

if you do not know functioning of emule I will try other alternatives..Merry Christmas  and i hope that all the problems of the new version of mcafee were settled in the new year

Forospyware Warrior
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

Ah, now I understand.

Why do I get a low      ID?

eMule will only work fully if the ports you have defined in the      Options -> Connection screen are reachable from outside      your computer. By default these are:     

• 4662 TCP (Server connection)       
  • 4672 UDP (Kademlia)       
  • 4711 TCP (Webinterface)       

There are several possible causes for these to be blocked:

• Firewalls - also the built in of Windows XP. (WinXP SP2      enables it by default!)

• Routers

• Dail-In software of some ISPs

• Connection sharing software / Software routers

• Networks with any form of NATed connection

• Ports blocks by the Internet Service Provider

Check your used software and hardware for any firewall or routing      functions and configure it properly to allow incoming connections      to the mentioned ports. You can also instruct eMule to use      non-default ports, such as 6666, 80 or 20, which are normally used      for other applications and are therefor likely to be allowed      through.

More information in the chapters on Firewalls      and Routers.

Well you can open those ports in SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Ports and System Services.   Other than that all I can advise you to do is contact Technical Support for your local area via Useful Links at the top of this page.

wout66
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

I have the same problems since you have last updated mcafee, there is No way to get a high id while mcafee firewall is on. Only when the firewall is set off there will be a high id given by emule,

your link to firewall and routers does not help because emula was working perfectly, untill you have updated your program. I am using mcafee total protection, i have tried every possible solution given but do not get it to work.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

Then ask Technical Support to escalate the issue plus contact emule support for ideas as well, it can't hurt to try both.

wout66
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

after some brainstorming and thinking i found the solution to the problem.

In the firewall settings find ports and system services.

when you add a new line for emule it does not seem to work somehow, BUT, when you scroll you see one service that is premade and tagged already, its the line for Universal plug and play.

When click edit and then add the tcp and upd numbers given in your emule, you will be online with a high ID.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

wout66 wrote:

after some brainstorming and thinking i found the solution to the problem.

In the firewall settings find ports and system services.

when you add a new line for emule it does not seem to work somehow, BUT, when you scroll you see one service that is premade and tagged already, its the line for Universal plug and play.

When click edit and then add the tcp and upd numbers given in your emule, you will be online with a high ID.

Thanks very much for your input.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community