cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motivo22
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

can not connect to internet with firewall on

i have a laptop had it for 11 months now mcafee the whole time and as of 3 -2 days ago i cant acess the internet with the firewall on and once i close my computer and start it up again i have to turn the firewall off again to get online i have high speed internet and a router im connecting wirelessly this is driving me nuts i opened firewall settings and clicked connections clicked ip address and than add but that really doesnt do anything almost all day yesterday the computer was fine i had no trouble except in the moring and now i cant get on without turing it off again please help n im using windows 7 64 bit home

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: can not connect to internet with firewall on

Hello Motivo,

Could you please update us with some more information so that we could help you around the same;

What is the browser that we use in the computer ?

What is the model and version of your wireless router ?

What is the version of your McAfee firewall ?

Please let us know what is the Level that you have set for your McAfee firewall ?

Thread moved to Personal Firewall section

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinz moved this thread to the appropriate section on 11/22/10 7:58:10 AM GMT-06:00
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: can not connect to internet with firewall on

Hi,

In the mean time you may try to reset McAfee Firewall to default settings.

To Restore  Firewall to default setting

1. Open McAfee
  2. Click on Firewall tab >> Settings

FW 1.gif

3. Select Restore Defaults.

FW2.gif

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community