Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indrin
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Website blocked by McAfee firewall

Hi,

Clients are complaining that they cannot access our site without disabling McAfee firewall. The site is http://www.maltapark.com.

Can you please look into this?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Website blocked by McAfee firewall

Well, it's not being blocked by SiteAdvisor because I got to the site immediately and it has a Green rating. So TrustedSource isn't blocking it either.

When you say "clients" does this mean they have a Business or Enterprise version of McAfee installed? If so then there may be something in that version's firewall rules that needs to be changed, but I can't say what that might be. If they're using a non-Consumer product I'll move the question into the appropriate area.

indrin
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I am referring to the Firewall that is part of Mcafee Total Protection (any possibly other suites). The site is blocked and sometimes shows a popup to that effect. See screenshot attached. If the firewall is turned off, you can access the site without issues.

shot.jpg

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Okay, I see the problem. NetGuard is blocking not the website per se but the IP address.

Entering the IP address into the address bar results in a Red SiteAdvisor blocking page.

Whatever the reason for it, TrustedSource is showing that IP address as High Risk.

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/ip/default.aspx?ip=92.48.125.252

utrace says it's a UK-based server; the ISP is Simply Transit; the Organisation it names as 'Poundhost Customer server'. I've never come across these people before so I don't know who they are.

Again, for whatever reason, abuseipdb says Poundhost is a 'High-Risk Hosting Provider'

http://www.abuseipdb.com/check/92.48.125.252

I do not see the IP address on any blacklists but there may perhaps be some malware infection on the server.

If you wish to contact TrustedSource to find out more, there are some contact details in this document.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I just noticed, this was in Live Support for some reason. I've moved it to Web & Email Protection / Personal Firewall.

indrin
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

There is definitely no malware infection on the server. I've contacted McAfee TrustedSource but have had no reply.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community