cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecr1014
Former Member
Message 21 of 23

Re: Network Discovery and Media Sharing Problems-Lost me as a customer

I am having a significant problem getting a Sony Blue Ray Player model BDP-S570 to start server connection "Media Player 11" on my desktop. I am using a wired  network connection able to see Netflix and other services, no issues with networking. The Blue Ray configuration tool continues to imply there is a fire wall setting preventing the server from starting. I have opened ports as documented by Microsoft, see link below, Additionally I have added a setting for  "IPv6"  "fe80::10: to " "Home" to My Network" McAfee without any success. Help please...

http://http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Sharing-media-on-a-network-using-Windows-Med...

weed4dick
Former Member
Message 22 of 23

Pete (ex-brit),

I too am a 20 year IT Veteran (VCP, MCSE, 5 Exchange Certs, Citrix CNE, Cisco CNA, 6 Sig. Lean), plus I have 10 years managing McAfee Products in corporate environments.

I find your comments short-sighted and terribly defensive (in denial). Society has gone E-everything in the past 5 years, and the quality of harddrives has sunk to new lows, where 3 month drive failures are common. Therefore shared devices and backups are essential to retaining your life these days.  What is the easiet way to backup a device regularly?  It is a network, and your product is stopping that option built into every router sold in the retail market.

None of McAfee's Corporate products are as flaky as this AV/Firewall.  Sorry to point that out, but my neighbor has chosen poorly and selected your product for one of their "Vista" PC's and it is a nightmare.  I have to go over there and fix it every 3 months.  This product is NOT something I would recommend to my enemies!

BTW: My house has 3 iPads, 2 desktops, 2 laptops, Home Theatre, Allshare, 3 Smartphones, 3 iTouch, 3 Wireless AP's and 3 TV's - that is 21 connected devices that share files daily.  There is no way I'm going with McAfee, because it is a pain to manage and it is a resource pig too.

Cheers,

Richard

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 23 of 23

Thanks for the input, but that thread is mostly two years old. If you would like to open a new thread on this subject, please feel free to do so. For now though the old thread will be locked as there hasn't been anything of substance on it for a while.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community