Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 18

Re: Network Connections added after update

Hello all,

I was unable to check this since I've MTP installed. Will check in MIS and post later..!

Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 18

I am getting this as well BUT on the 12.9.133 beta. This is in Total protection shows 3 wired connections all home and 1 the correct router IP addrtess. I deleted the incorrect two to see what is happening.

christos
Contributor III
Message 13 of 18

Am running windows 7 and after yesterdays update to my security center to 12.8.750 i have the same problem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 18

I don't think it's a problem, rather an issue with a new way of displaying in the UI.  However, our support guy who posted earlier is away until Monday so unless you want to contact Technical Support directly, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page, you'll have to wait until then for him to contribute to this thread.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 18

As this still not fixed and I see it on beta version I will report it as well to the beta team that way 2 groups will note it maybe 1 will do something. Seems not to be causing an issue though.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 18

Tony,

I was able to reproduce this issue in McAfee Total Protection with build number 12.8.750. and Security Center Beta build.

Suspect it to be a bug in the UI.

We can have a discussion in our next call however it doesn't impact in any of the network activity.

mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 18

Hello All,

I think I can answer this question. First, there is nothing to worry about these networks were added on purpose. These networks are needed for WiDi support. Many Intel(R)'s WiDi  compatible devices are now shipping now.

This technology creates an Ad Hoc Wireless network between a computer and a display. Once configured one can push video to a display without cables.

The two networks create by the update are needed  as Windows uses two different network ranges, one range for Windows 7 and one range for Windows 8.

We have published a support article that speaks about issues setting  WiDi. The article has links to some Intel pages

about this technology. http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101883

We don't have an arctile  that specifically calls out the update that added the networks. Please review the article and let me know what we could add that might help.

Message was edited by: mrepuski on 16/10/13 6:30:41 EDT PM

Message was edited by: mrepuski on 28/05/14 5:42:06 EDT PM
Vinnie
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

I also have additional connections to my network; although, I have 6 more connections instead of the 3 additional connections. Can somebody explain this, and what I am wondering is by Mcafee adding additional connections; would that explain the drop in speed of my mbps on speedtest.net?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community