cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldmonument
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee firewall problems with web server port forwarding - Please Help!!!!!!

Hello

I have or rather say had, a popular Smooth Jazz Internet Radio Station, until an electrical storm came along taking my broadcasting systems main hardrive out. The system was surge protected. Only the hardrive was harmed in the lighting storm. There was no other damage.

Put new hardrive, in server, loaded operating system, Mcafee, and broadcasting software. So it's now back up and running. Mcafee updates and works just fine, but these dad blasted firewalls! I have configured all option in Mcafee to allow, inbound/outbound port forwarding on port 80.  However I still can't access the server from the web or my other computers connected to the same router. I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. Even though it is an older operating system, it has proved to be much more stable than XP for 24/7 internet radio broadcasting.

When I run a test on the server itself, I keep getting localhost:80 in the address bar of my router instead of the static ip address of the server (which is what I'm supposed to be getting). Also when I try to assign the IP address to the server, in internet protocols properties, I completely lose all internet connectivity, and have to revert back to allowing the server to detect IP automatically for the internet connection to come back. Not much of a server if I can't figure out why it keeps losing internet connection everytime I try to assin an IP manually!!

Please keep in mind this was a successful internet radio station with over 13.000 listeners, and it has been in the running for 2 years.

I know I got running successfully last time, with all the same technology. The server works just fine, no problems.  So I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee firewall problems with web server port forwarding - Please Help!!!!!!

oldmonument,

You've posted in Community Help.  What version of firewall is this so I can move you to the correct area for better attention?

Home or Enterprise/Business products and is the taskbar icon square or shield-shaped (last year's software or this year's...makes a difference). ??

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/07/10 11:32:01 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community