cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Mcafee OC Rollback???

Has anyone seen this before.It seems to be a new Item in firewall access.I just recieved a pop up saying it was given access.Can anyone tell me what this is for?

Mcafee rollback.JPG

8 Replies
yippeekaiyay
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mcafee OC Rollback???

I haven't had it request access yet (I checked the access list and it wasn't there) so all I can do is confirm the existence of the file.

After reading your post, I did a search on newly created files within the last few days. I just received the new MSC build version 11.0.578 with yesterday's DAT update. It appears the OC Rollback file was installed, along with a few others with that build. I don't think it was there previously. McInstru.exe was also installed with it. Two new log files McInstru000.log and mcocrollback000.log in a new Docs and settings\All users\Application Data\McAfee\MCLOGS\McOneClickAct folder. My guess is it has to do with activating the product judging by the name and you describing it wanting internet access. No idea otherwise. Just seems to have come with the 11.0.578 build. That's assuming you also have the same build.

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

I  just recieved the update yesterday.It is also Build 11.0.578.Also thanks for answering my Question.It answers 1 of my Questions.Not sure why Mcafee needs more of these items that connect through the firewall.I think there are now 12-14 now.It would be nice to know what some of these programs do.

Message was edited by: newjack on 8/27/11 6:29:08 AM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

I have no idea what that is as it isn't showing in my settings and I can't find reference to it elsewhere, however I can assure you that anything that McAfee has running or allowed in the firewall is essential to its smooth running.

I could ask what it is at our next conference call.  They may not tell me as internal processes are confidential but I could certainly try.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

I've moved this firewall for better attention - in the meanwhile I've added the question to our Monday Conference Call Agenda - Monday at 4pm EDT.

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Thanks Peter, That would be great.I understand Mcafee probably  not going to tip it`s hand on all processes for obvious reasons.I am just curious as there are now 2 more items in the firewall with access.Which now joins the very large amount already in there.I understand it is a complex setup.Just wondering what all the new things are.Especially since these are only a few days old.They were not there origanally. Thanks again

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

If there are any others you need to know about post back and I'll add them to the list.

m_estock
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

By the way, I have the same McAfee OC Rollback displayed in my firewall settings. It has full access.

Also should note that it's pointing to this file: C:\Program Files\McAfee\msc\oobe\mcocrollback.exe

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

That was the 1 i accidently ran. We are waiting further info re it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community