Jump to solution

Not a problem.  Thanks again.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 199

Re: Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

Do you have McAfee Family Protection or Parental Controls Installed on your PC or had it Installed before? Am assuming that you have a high speed internet connection. Check for Network Intensive applications such as Steam,Torrent clients and try to disable them.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 13 of 199

Jump to solution

Actually, I do have McAfee family protection in my total protection package.  However, I have never set it up.  I do have a high speed internet, and I do have steam installed but I don't believe any torrents.  However, I do make sure steam is exited whenever I shut the application and I have it set up NOT to activate when the computer starts up.  It starts only when I choose to use it.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 14 of 199

Jump to solution

The oddest thing about all this is it just started out of the blue about 3 weeks ago.  Very random, no rhyme or reason.  But I had made no large changes either physically or software wise that could have contributed to it.  It had never happened before in the 2 years I've owned the system.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 15 of 199

Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

I haven't heard anything or seen any responses lately.  Any update on when I could be receiving some contact from someone in technical about this?

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 199

Jump to solution

Will ask him to respond

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 199

Jump to solution

Quite often as Selvan mentioned. Steam/Minecraft/Foxhud applications generally create a 'False Artemis!'

This may contribute to your issues. Especially  if the application asks you to disable your Firewall/On access protection.

Just thought I would add that. This is due to their repetitive Downloads/Unpackers.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 18 of 199

Jump to solution

I don't know if this might help diagnose things.  I have had Steam on my computer for some time, and I have only had this issue start a few weeks ago.  I also don't have Steam on all the time.  I have it configured to NOT start when the computer is turned on, only when I want to use it.  I immediately exit when I am finished, it is never running in the background.  I don't have Minecraft and honestly I don't know what Foxhud is.  I also never disable my Firewall.  I'm not sure what it could be related to, but since I ran all the tools and found no issues I wonder if it could have arisen from some instance of McAfee updating.  I have grabbed the newest version of total protection each year, and this is the only time in 3 years I have ever had a problem like this.  Thanks for your help. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 199

Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply   Since you stated that it only commenced a few weeks ago, it could quite possibly be that the 'version' quite possibly has changed. You are in most capable hands, by Selvan assisting you ,as he is our resident support Technician.

As for 'Foxhud' it is related to 'Gamer' Downloads/unpackers and depending where you download from.

I am certien Selvan will appropriately assist you.

Wishing you all the very best

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 199

Jump to solution

Please post back the Firewall version details so that I can try to reproduce the issue in my test PC. Having said that this issue doesn't occur often, the chances of me replicating it is minimal.

Open McAfee GUI > Click on About link at the bottom of Web page > Note down the version numbers for McAfee Personal Firewall.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community