cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tearose
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: McAfee has blocked my Skype so that I can't change my status on Skype to 'online'

Jump to solution

Hi there;  I have just been having an online chat with McAfee Technical Support and it turns out that the free McAfee protection that was pre-installed on my laptop has expired.  I was advised to remove the software, which I have just done and, on restarting my PC, I find I can now use Skype again.  Many thanks for all your help; this is a great forum and I am very grateful that you replied so speedily to me query.  I hope that this helps others with the same problem.  Thanks again, Ex_Brit!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 14

Re: McAfee has blocked my Skype so that I can't change my status on Skype to 'online'

Jump to solution

Well that would certainly explain it.   I strongly advise you to obtain full antivirus and firewall protection a.s.a.p. though as these days, you certainly need them.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

While I am happy that you can now connect to Skype. If you have chosen to not renew with McAfee. At the minimum install Microsoft Security Essentials,and please make sure Windows Defender is enabled as well. For you leave yourself susceptible to infection without an (Active) Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Solution.

In addition to removing the (Expired) subscription from your Control Panel/Programs /Features.

Did you in addition use the Latest (MCPR Tool ) McAfee Consumer Product Tool, to completely remove remnants left over? As explained in the following Link: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

Just trying to keep your best interests at heart.

All the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution

Sometimes we simply think alike

Again, I was unaware you had replied...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community