cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martyng12
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

McAfee Firewall Will Not Stay On

I'm sick of having to this every time McAfee goes wobbly.

I've just put a new hard drive in my laptop, installed windows 7 and McAfee, then I notice that the firewall says it's on, but when I try to adjust settings, I'm told it's off and will not turn on.

I'm sick and tired of McAfee not doing what they 'claim' to do. I had to have a new hard drive because McAfee didn't stop a virus.

I've just run MVT and shocked to see that firewall didn't start as McAfee deleted an important part WTF??

I'm sick sick sick of Mcafee not working, taking my money and that of my small business but leaving only half the job done.

Going to ESAT, McAfee you suck.

12 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Re: McAfee Firewall Will Not Stay On

Hi martyng,

Sorry that you had this issue, if you can please look onto your Quarantined and trusted items for something called : consvr.dll

Regards,

martyng12
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I have nothing in those areas called consvr.dll

I have been through this via email and online help, all McAfee can come up with is ;uninstall and reinstall.

Why should I have to 'keep' doing this every 20 to 30 days!

MVT told me that my DAT was out of date??? Hello, it's on auto up date and you can't even update! let alone find rootkit virus.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

Martyng12 please stick with this one thread...I've emailed Dinz to see what can be done and given him this link

Unfortunately the board's software (Jive) wouldn't allow me to branch all your conversation over to this thread.  Unavoidable, sorry.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/01/12 7:57:46 EST AM
bonjourmoi44
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

I am having this same problem. I have found many threads on this issue and I have tried many suggestions. It has taken me here. The reason I am responding to this thread is that I do have the consvr.dll in my quarantined items. I just deleted it but I am still having the same issue. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks! 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

OK I have asked Dinz to take a look here.

bonjourmoi44
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Great, thanks.

adityas123
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

I had the consrv problem a month ago.Whenever I browser with google chrome and whenever I serached anything it kept getting routed through 3daysoftheweek.com.It aslo destroyed my registtry.The only way I solved it was by reformatting the HDD.McAfee only deletes a part of this rootkit namely consrv.The reg keys are still there.

Message was edited by: adityas123 on 1/28/12 10:03:07 AM CST
flogger
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Your PC might be infected by a malware that wasn't detected by Mcafee, as other secirty softwares do. Best option here is to reload your OS and start fresh.

Don't forget to back up your files.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

flogger wrote:

Your PC might be infected by a malware that wasn't detected by Mcafee, as other secirty softwares do. Best option here is to reload your OS and start fresh.

Don't forget to back up your files.

flogger that's an awfully drastic remedy which I see you are telling a lot of people to do.  Why not try to get rid of the infection, if any, first?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community