Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nazaarblue
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Java applet not running when the mcafee firewall is on

Hi All,

I have a new laptop and mcafee firewall installed in it. However, when the firewall is on, the java and applets do not run. I try testing java with firewall on and its not working. However its working fine if i turn off the firewall.

I have tried all kind of settings, like giving full access, outbound only access, and also have tried with netguard and off. It does not work. Only if i turn off the firewall it works. Could anyone please help me how to make the java and applet work with the firewall on.

Thanks,

Nazaar

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Java applet not running when the mcafee firewall is on

What operating system and service pack is this and have you tried uninstalling Java completely in Control Panel, then reinstalling it?

nazaarblue
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Peter,

I have mcafee personal firewall 12.0 (build 12.0.332)

the OS is windows 7 home premium, service pack 1

Yes i have tried to uninstall java and reinstall. Have tried both java6 and java7. both work fine if firewall turned off. I do not want to risk without a firewall.

Please help to resolve, would be great help.

Thanks

Nazaar

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

You should only install the latest verison of java and make sure it's active in all your browsers.

If this isn't working then polease contact technical Support via Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community