cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

IP Address information

I am using McAfee Internet Security on Vista Home. I was updating Malwarebytes (Free version), when I checked the Security History log it listed the IP Address 69.16.175.10. The log didn't say the hostname or anything else so I googled the IP Address and the results weren't assuring.

Could anyone lend their expectise about this IP Address? One or two results listed the url data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/(can't remember)/1.75.1300setup.exe, so the IP may be related to Malwarebytes. But alot of the other results were about bad sites. As well as VirusTotal listing this IP as doing malicious things since today 9am

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: IP Address information

The only info I can glean about that IP is it belongs to Highwinds Network Group in Phoenix, AZ., U.S.A.   If you are concerned about all those IP address appearing in Firewall > Incoming Connections or in the Navigation > Security History (depending on which version you have) I wouldn't be concerned.  That is simply a record of what the Firewall has blocked.  Some could be legitimate but it assumes unknowns are bad.

Don't forget that IP addresses change fairly regularly so move from person to person, company to company.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/06/13 6:56:03 EDT AM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: IP Address information

It's a Malwarebytes download server.

No suspicious activity noted for that IP address recently (see http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=3425343).

Is and has been associated with Malwarebytes since at least March 2012 (see this discussion at Wilders Security).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community