cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcnurse
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Has anyon erun into a problem with the new 2010 version's firewall not letting remote pc connect to server computer?

Has anyone had this problem.  My pc guy set the firewall to allow access for this program and still no luck.  I would hate to disconnect the firewall but at this point I will need to do that in order for others to communicate with my pc.

3 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Has anyon erun into a problem with the new 2010 version's firewall not letting remote pc connect to server computer?

Hi,

What is the type of Operating system you have ? (Windows xp/Windows Vista)

What is the type of internet connection you are having ? (DSL/Dial-up/Cable/Wireless/Satellite)

check the date and time ?

Open mcafee check whether it says Am I protected?YES (OR) Your Computer is Secure ?

If it says Am I protected?YES,  click about check the versions and paste it here

If it says Your Computer is Secure, on the top click navigation and then click on about and paste the versions

Get back to us with the above details.

drcnurse
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: Has anyon erun into a problem with the new 2010 version's firewall not letting remote pc connect to server computer?

Hi,

My operating system is windows xp on the server and my laptop.  Although on the network there are other pc's vista and windows 7.

I have DSL connection to the internet.

On the server the security version is 10.0, virus protection version 14.0, firewall version 11.0, and shredder version 3.0.  On the laptop I have an older version of McAfee.

Thanks.

drcnurse

drcnurse
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

My operating system is xp on both my server and laptop.  However there are other computers with windows vista and windows 7 on the same network.

I have DSL.  and the version on the desktop is 10.0, firewall version 11.0  My version on the laptop is older than this.

thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community