cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RazorDog
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Firewall not updating or allowing FIX

I am having the exact same problem as Monkeyboy in this post....i have an almost identical set-up MS Win XP SP3......and the following McAfee versions:

The McAfee Icon has a red X on it......after I click it and click 'FIX' I get this Message box:

I would prefer not to do a complete re-install because I do not want to lose my detection/scan-log history. Is there no other way to accomplish this task?:confused:

Also: Why is my Identity Protection and Content Blocking not working? Can I not turn them on without reinstalling?
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Firewall not updating or allowing FIX

Did you follow my instructions in that thread, in particular post #4? You have to get rid of Firewall 7 first before Firewall 10 will even install.
Right now it isn't installed so can't be fixed. Firewall 7 is so old that the installer can't remove it as it normally would with an upgrade.

What product did you buy?....I think you are talking about Parental Controls/Privacy Service which is not part of some packages. Otherwise just click "Ignore" and that warning will disappear.
Same with Content Blocking. I don't have those either.
RazorDog
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

As per my previous post, I'd prefer not to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Can I just remove that version of Firewall 7.X?

Why was PFW+ 7.X even installed?

I purchased McAfee SecurityCenter for Dell on 9-30-2009 and had not used McAfee prior to that (I can provide invoice number if needed). So how did that version of PFW get on my machine?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

I have absolutely no idea. I posted the removal instructions for FW7 on that link you quoted. Try it first and see what happens.

Otherwise use the Tech. Support Chat online linked in my signature.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community