cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 231 of 232

Re: Firewall keeps turning off

The fix for some has been added to MVT but further fixes are under test and should be added to MVT soon. They then will make a FAQ on the issue. Once this has been done I will update all threads.

Yes reinstalling can fix things as well nice to see you are fine now.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 232 of 232

Re: Firewall keeps turning off

Although this problem may seem to be the same, the reasons for most issues change over time because the software changes and as this thread is old I am locking it.   Anyone with the same or similar issues please start a new discussion, thank you.  Note that in these sorts of cases it is best to contact Technical Support as mentioned earlier. 

That's assuming the usual troubleshooting steps have not worked, such as:

a) checking for malware, see the last link in my signature below for hints and tools,

b) right-clicking the taskbar icon by the System Clock, bottom right corner of your screen, and selecting "Check for Updates" followed by a reboot, or

c) a complete uninstallation via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove Programs in XP), running the MCPR cleanup tool, rebooting and then reinstalling from your online account,

If there is any positive news that needs to be posted we can reopen this thread accordingly to post same.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 10:23:36 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community