cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J0301
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Firewall is blocking all internet access

For no reason apparent to me, McAfee LiveSafe is suddenly totally preventing my access to the internet and from what I have observed here, this Support Community seems to be the only method of contacting any form of 'technical ' support.

I have eliminated other possibilities and it's become all too obvious that the firewall is not functioning correctly.

When I disable/turn off the firewall then, to no surprise, I can access the internet as previously and it's not by magic that this happens!

Whilst I have it disabled and attempt to access any McAfee 'Support' links directly from their website, it's rather curious that they do not work.

I have read other instances of this same issue in the Support Community and I have tried the various suggestions but all to no avail.
I'd like a McAfee technical support person to contact me directly to resolve this and if successful, I shall not hesitate to share the resolution with the community.

I'm using McAfee LiveSafe version 16.0, Release Name: 16.0 R43 with Windows 10 Home

4 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 5

Re: Firewall is blocking all internet access

Hi @J0301 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the firewall Issue.

Regards,
Venkat

J0301
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Please refer to the private message sent in reply

J0301
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Well, what an absolute farce this ultimately turned out to be1  After offering a couple of 'token' offerings in an attempt to resolve my issue, Tech' Support left me 'high and dry' after I had to continually chase them for a resolution that was not forthcoming. I was repeatedly given assurances that they would call me after 48 or 72 hours, but nothing! 
After I finally initiated a chat call, another technician picked up the case and despite logs being taken  and promises being made, nothing materialised. I shall now be cancelling my subscription and waving goodbye to McAfee.

myhrinfo
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

zure Web Application Firewall is a cloud-native service that protects web apps from common web-hacking techniques such as SQL injection and security vulnerabilities such as cross-site scripting. Deploy the service in minutes to get complete visibility into your environment and block malicious attacks.big lots survey

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community