cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luxor2
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Firewall blocks Adobe Flash player and downloads

When Firewall is on I can't download files or use flash player. When off and Windows fire is turned back on they work fine.

3 Replies
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Firewall blocks Adobe Flash player and downloads

Hi There,

We need some information,

• What is the OS installed and Service Pack
  • Version of SecurityCenter and Personal Firewall
  • What are the browsers you are using

Could you please try below steps and let us know the status,

• Try resetting Firewall setting ( Firewall Settings >> click on "Restore Defaults" buton)
  • Check if your browser has full access enabled
  • Please try to access internet after disabling NetGuard ( Firewall Settings >> Click on Netguard Drawer and uncheck the NetGuard and click on Apply Button)
luxor2
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I,m using Vista Service pack 2. The reset defaults didn't work but the turn off of Netguard did. Do I want to lose this safeguard on a permanet basis or just when I'm downloading or playing Adobe Flash.? Thanks for your help

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

I would suggest to turn off Netguard, only when you try to download or play using Adobe Flash.

Also you may check on Net Guard drawer and remove if there is any IP address added in blocked list and that may be helpful.

on 7/4/12 9:48:00 PM IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community