I installed new McAfee software a few days ago on my PC desktop. (Windows 10)
I currently have LiveSafe version 16.0. I cannot access the internet with any browser unless I disable the firewall. When I disable the firewall, my computer immediately connects to the internet. As soon as I enable the firewall again, the browser stalls. To fix this problem I have tried:
1. Reinstalling the software (didn't help)
2. Clicking on "Restore Default." (didn't help)
3. Disabling Net Guard (didn't help)
4. Checking whether any apps were blocked under program permissions (none)
5. Emptying caches, running troubleshooters, rebooting modem etc. (problem remains)
My McAfee says I have Firewall Version 21.3, Build 21.3.194.
On the same day I installed this software, I downloaded and installed McAfee to a new PC laptop on my network. (Windows 11) Everything works fine on the laptop.
Can someone help?
Greetings from McAfee.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Due to the nature of issue we have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details for working on this issue
Ganesh Raju R
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: