cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blaine91555
Former Member
Message 131 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

The beta Siteadvisor made no difference. All problems still exist with Net Guard. Anything new, or have we been shelved?

moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 132 of 192

No change/improvement here either ......

Blaine91555
Former Member
Message 133 of 192

So, we have been abandoned? Thank you to the Mods that stuck with us anyway. I guess we just wait and hope that someday this will be cracked. Perhaps we need Sherlock Holmes to come to our aid; or better yet Columbo.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 134 of 192

Hi All,

Not replying to anyone in particular, but when the posters are complaining, they aren't posting anything about their computers.

What is your Computer? Desktop? Laptop?

If Desktop, are your Wired or Wireless?

If Wireless, what is the Brand and Model No, plus its Hardware Revision of the Wireless Adapter? What Drivers are installed?

If Desktop, wired, are you just using the Onboard Motherboard Adapter or a plug-in Adapter Card?

Operating system? CPU Processor installed and how much Physical Memory is installed?

Perhaps McAfee can get a handle on this stuff, if they know this. Just my opinion.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 135 of 192

Blaine91555 wrote:

So, we have been abandoned? Thank you to the Mods that stuck with us anyway. I guess we just wait and hope that someday this will be cracked. Perhaps we need Sherlock Holmes to come to our aid; or better yet Columbo.

You haven't been abandoned.  I believe Doug in support is still with you guys as per post #121:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/220628#220628

I thought for a moment I was experiencing this but it turns out that another system-intensive application was causing my YouTube/Flash videos to appear jerky or stop altogether.   So I can't offer anything helpful unfortunately.

dsgn2mfg
Former Member
Message 136 of 192

I looked at Doug's post.  Trying to put all our various hardware and networking configurations down would be a nightmare.  If that is what it will take at least give us a web page where the data can be enttered and you can automaticall tabulate it.  I'm back to where enterning data to any web application (even to this post) is so bad it is by guess and by luck, not by seeing what I've typed (at least not until much later).  Streaming and large file downloads are still inconsistent sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't.  I've tried both wired and wirelessly connecting to my network - no change; so that would say it is not my network addaptors (one for each - wired and wireless) and my network is good as I'm not seeing any of the symptoms from this thread on any other of the 3 computers.  Only the Dell M6500 mobile workstation (bigger and heavier than most any other "laptop") with W7-64 Sp1 all updates, firefox and I.E. (no Chrome), I7-940x processor, 32G ram, Nvidia FX3500m graphics.

moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 137 of 192

thecreator wrote:

Not replying to anyone in particular, but when the posters are complaining, they aren't posting anything about their computers.

Go back through the posts & a lot of people have posted the info that Doug asked for .... whch didn't include network details !!!

In my own case, one of my affected laptops has been used on various networks - home (both wired & wireless), friends, public, usb dongle, mi-fi modem, etc;

Peacekeeper
Message 138 of 192

I emailed the techs to remind them the issue is still current. We will look to getting an update on our Monday mod call.

vectorsigma
Former Member
Message 139 of 192

I have been having this issue for the past few days, I tried to look for all sorts of solutions, including adding Adobe Flash Player in the allowed list for the McAfee firewall, but to no avail except when disabling the firewall (I don't have the stand alone player but the plugin, latest version as I reinstalled today-11. something). This was true for ALL browsers. Only now that I found one user's solution earlier in this thread, namely turning off netguard but not the firewall itself, I finally am able to load my webpages properly again. It's not just youtube videos but when I was looking at webpages in general. Even looking at a page like Facebook or Workopolis...even Google seem to have issues.

It would be nice to have netguard in place without blocking or slowing down my web browsing experience except when it comes to true threats.

I should have the lastest version of McAfee Total Protection (2012--I did the web installation to ensure the latest update and I have automated updates set up). Mcafee site advisor is active and working in Google Chrome.

I also have Google Chrome 16.0.912.75 m

Firefox 9.01

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Safari-Windows version obviously (5.1.2)

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, Service Pack 2

I am in Canada, so it should be English-US.

So to recap, I have the problem with all web pages being slow and flash video stalling when I have Netguard enabled. But when Netguard is disabled with the McAfee Firewall otherwise intact/active, everything works like it should. I also should note that this problem exists (when Netguard is on) whether I have Windows Defender enabled or disabled (it's currently disabled).

Message was edited by: vectorsigma on 1/15/12 2:09:48 AM CST

Message was edited by: vectorsigma on 1/15/12 2:11:12 AM CST

Message was edited by: vectorsigma on 1/15/12 2:11:39 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 140 of 192

The netguard issue has plenty of logs of users submitted and is being worked on. Will ask for an update in our Monday mod call.

Another way would be uninstall Siteadvisor and reinstall it hopefully you will get the new 3.4.1 version that appears to fix the issue and allows netguard to run. the 3.4.1 version was a beta but teh download link may not be working thus my suggestion to try an uninstall/reinstall.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community