cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murph
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Firewall Blocking internet page

I log into this specific web application and try to access this one specific page with the firewall on and it won't display. If I close the browser, turn the firewall off, I am able to view the page. I don't want to have to turn it on and off to use this web app in IE 8. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am running Windows XP.
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

RE: Firewall Blocking internet page

Can you post the web site so i can test it. I will remove the link once I have tested it on my Pc to see if it is a setting on your PC
murph
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I am unable to give you the website because it requires a certificate. I was able to fix my problem by Resetting Internet Explorer which removed all add-ons and cleaned up some other things in IE. After this completed everything was fine. It turned out that the firewall wasn't stopping it but something was messed up in the IE settings.
Thanks for responding.
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

No problem was wondering why the firewall was doing that usually it is an IE security or setting issue. Will close this thread now
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community