Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starion156
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Configuring Internet Security Suite Fire Wall

Hi

I have recently installed Internet Security Suite on my Windows 7 64bit pc and am having difficulty with sharing media with my Netgear NTV550 media player.  The player comes with Netgear NeoTV which configures the connection and shares on the pc.  I have given full access to this program and made sure that the ip address assigned to the media player is a trusted ip address, however dispite this the media server software cannot communicate with the media player and my media player cannot connect to the network shares where my media is.

Previously I used Zone Alarm fire wall which had a simple option to enabled programmes to act as servers etc and together with full access this allowed the media player to access the pc fine.  However enabling full access on McAfee does not allow this connection.

Do I need to set up specific ports and if so which ports do I need to set up.

I am hoping some one can be me with some pointers as I currently have the fire wall disabled all the time as I can't get access to my media any other way.

Mike

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community