cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DallasIvanko
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Cisco AnyConnect Error Authentication failed due to problem navigating to the single sign-on url

McAfee Total Protection with firewall enabled and Cisco AnyConnect client 4.10.04065 (at least this ver).

When a user tries to connect with the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, the user receives this error:

Authentication failed due to problem navigating to the single sign-on url

The only work around that we have so far is to turn off the firewall.  We have tried turning off various individual pieces like Net Guard unsuccessfully.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  This is not a Cisco AnyConnect issue, as I have a TAC case open for the problem and it's clearly McAfee causing the issue.

Thanks!

Dallas

4 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cisco AnyConnect Error Authentication failed due to problem navigating to the single sign-on url

Hi @DallasIvanko 

Please try adding cisco any connect to firewall settings and try connecting.. 

Open Firewall > Internet connection for programs> Add Cisco Any connect and check issue status. Also try enabling port 443 in Ports section under Firewall. 

Regards

Magesh J

DallasIvanko
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Cisco AnyConnect Error Authentication failed due to problem navigating to the single sign-on url

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have done this for any of the related Cisco AnyConnect applications.

Under access I made sure that outgoing and incoming was open for all devices 

Under Net Guard I have added the entry for the IP address of the authentication page to allow it's IP address

Changed smart advice to allow for warnings (they don't display with this feature on)

The one issue I have is determining where the firewall logs are located.  According to the manual they should be under the Settings -> Security section; however, there is no "Security" section.

Thanks,

Dallas

ptrwinn
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

We are having this same issue at the University.  After we updated the cisco anyconnect client to the latest version, everyone who has mcafee installed gets the SSO error message from the anyconnect client.  We would instruct our users to disable their personal firewall for 15mins then connect to the VPN and it works fine.  I've tried everything mentioned on this page without any luck.  I've opened a TAC case with cisco and this seems to be an issue with Mcafee.  Our helpdesk is getting swamped with calls from students, faculty, and staff.  Can someone please look into this issue.

DallasIvanko
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

The resolution is to use this guide: https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS100813&page=shell&shell=article-view

and ensure that all Cisco AnyConnect VPN executables are set to:  Open To All Devices

acwebhelper.JPGvpnagent.JPGvpndownloader.JPGvpnui.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community