cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WESF
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Blocks ip address

I'm having a issue with a IP address thats being block periodically. That IP adress is used with a app on the desktop. I gave the app full access and i manuelly put the IP address in the networks(mcafee) and label it trusted . But it in the logs, its giving that IP address a decription of intrusion detected. it sometimes say fragment overlapping error and nestea attack. But there is nothing attacking this PC. Ive done everything i possibly can to allow that IP address on mcafee but it keeps blocking this IP addresss. What should i do?
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Blocks ip address

Hi,
Please clarify,
Check the DAT version and Engine version of McAfee Virus scan (Open Security center-click on about in the Right hand bottom panel-check the Build version and DAT version for McAfee Virus scan)?
Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
WESF
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

DAT: 5630.0000
ENGINE: 5301.40

I have a IP address that is being block periodically. I have gave it full access and manuelly insert the IP address in the network services of mcafee. But it still block the IP address. Is there anyway to allow that IP address to have full access and not be blocked. also, i uninstall/ reinstall the software app of mcafee and it still blocks the ip address.
WESF
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

session: 18516655

scan shows no problems and virtual tech shows everything is ok. But it stills blocks this IP address.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community