Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Virus Protect :NET Guard blocking www.PAYPAL.COM on IP address 23.198.86.70

Jump to solution

hello

this moring Net Guard blocked ip address 23.198.86.70

this is PAYPAL.COM from UK

what is wrong with this IP address  ??

I can only access www.paypal.com if I turn off net guard or allow thyis individual IP address

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Virus Protect :NET Guard blocking www.PAYPAL.COM on IP address 23.198.86.70

Jump to solution

The site is marked safe by SiteAdvisor and shouldn't be blocked in the first place. 

paypal.PNG

Please update McAfee and see if it makes a change.

View solution in original post

nemu1
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: BT Virus Protect :NET Guard blocking www.PAYPAL.COM on IP address 23.198.86.70

Jump to solution
checked for update & installed the update

deleted the netguard blocked ip address

www.paypal.com now working ok without reporting

thank you !

View solution in original post

10 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

The site is marked safe by SiteAdvisor and shouldn't be blocked in the first place. 

paypal.PNG

Please update McAfee and see if it makes a change.

nemu1
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution
checked for update & installed the update

deleted the netguard blocked ip address

www.paypal.com now working ok without reporting

thank you !
Chris_M
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem but I'm using plusnet protect (which is also McAfee), I've updated McAfee but it still fails.

sivasubramanian
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

@Chris_M

Please follow the steps as per our article Net Guard blocks connections to specific websites when ratings are not trustworthy

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Chris_M
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

I've followed the steps in your article Net Guard blocks connections to specific websites when ratings are not trustworthy and for www.paypal.com I get a minimal risk with a catagorisation of financial/banking (as expected)  but the problem is when entering in www.paypal.com on my browser netguard blocks access to an IP of 23.198.86.70 (which I believe is one of PayPal's Web Load Balancing servers) and if I use this IP address on your Check Single URL page it returns a catagorisation of Malicious Sites with High Risk (hence the block no doubt).

sivasubramanian
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

@Chris_M

Please let us know whether the IP address 23.198.86.70 is shown as blocked in Net Guard. 

1. Open McAfee.
  2. Click Web and Email Protection or click the Gear icon at the top-right corner.
  3. Select Firewall, then scroll down and click Net Guard.
  4. Check whether the IP Address (23.198.86.70) is listed with the Action as Block

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Chris_M
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

Yes I've checked Net Guard and address 23.198.86.70 is marked as blocked. I can also select the entry, delete it then try and access www.paypal.com again and it re-appears together with a "Risky Connection Blocked" pop up from McAfee. I have also checked for and installed the latest McAfee updates. Net_GuardNet_Guard

sivasubramanian
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

@Chris_M

I have sent you PM. Please reply to check remotely.

bfaichney
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

HI,

I also have this same problem - I have McAfee via PlusNet and cannot access PayPal - Net Guard is blocking 23.198.86.70. How do I resolve this? I too have the latest updates.

Thanks,

Brian.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community