cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Freya
Former Member
Message 1 of 23

Always requires me to verify subscription

I have total protection and it says I must verify my subscription for my firewall. I click verify subscription, it says my subscription is verified, but the message is still there and the firewall doesn't activate. Oddly enough, my antivirus portion works fine and updates without this message.

This started happening after I installed vista sp2. What's the easiest way to fix this?
Labels (1)
22 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 23

RE: Always requires me to verify subscription

Hi,
Check the computer date &time,
Try running Mcafee Virtual Technician from the following link : mvt.mcafee.com & post me the session id.
Freya
Former Member
Message 3 of 23

RE: Always requires me to verify subscription

Session ID: 21502147
kenindenver
Former Member
Message 4 of 23

Re: Always requires me to verify subscription

I have McAfee Virusscan Plus 2009 3-user.  I have this exact same problem.   It tells me "your computer is not protected."  When I double-click on the McAfee icon it opens to internet and network and tells me my subscription to McAfee firewall needs to be verified.  I click on the link and in a few seconds a widows pops up saying your subscription has been verified.  I click ok and the popup closes but the Security Center window continues to insist I have a problem.  The tray icon has an X on it.

I ran Virtual Technician.  My session ID is 21691457.  It says it fixed the problem - a duplicate registry entry.  However the problem is NOT fixed.  I find it extremely annoying.

Please advise how to fix this.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 23

Hi Kenindenver,
I reviewed your session id,
Could you Navigate to the location  C:/Documents & settings/mcafee/msc  & let me know whether you have the file Mcsubdb.dat ?

Thanks,
Dinesh K
Mcafee Online Community Moderator

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 23

Hi Freya,
I reviewed yoursession id, and it says there exists a incorrect file/folder permission.
Could you Navigate to the location  C:/program data/mcafee/msc & let me know whether you have the file Mcsubdb.dat ?

Thanks,
Dinesh K
Mcafee Online Community Moderator

Freya
Former Member
Message 7 of 23

yes, I do have that file

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 23

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the same,

Run this tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp and check whether the McAfee products are registered under your current email address or any other !
If possible attach the screen shot for the same along with your post so that I could review the same.

Thanks,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

markg2001
Former Member
Message 9 of 23

I have the same problem. IT tells me I'm not protected.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 10 of 23

Hi,

Please provide some additional information like;

What is the type of operating system ?
what type of internet connection we use ?

Run the tool in my previous post and check the same.

Regards,

Dinesh K

Message was edited by: Dinz on 1/6/10 6:29:36 AM GMT-06:00
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community