Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkbb0723
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

4,000 Suspicious incoming network connections blocked

Jump to solution

Hi,

I got noticed by network provider that there is a problem with an internet-connected device in my home that's interfering with the network in my area. So, I checked my security history, and I found out that I have already gotten 4k suspicious incoming network connections blocked in this week. Then, I tried using tools such as AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes. They did detect things suspicious, and then I quarantined those things immediately, but I still got noticed by McAfee that there are suspicious incoming network connections. What can I do? Should I reset/restore my computer?

By the way, those suspicious incoming network connections are from many different IP addresses (also including mine).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: 4,000 Suspicious incoming network connections blocked

Jump to solution

Hello @hkbb0723 

The blocked connections might be from a server, computer or even a website trying to get into your machine and McAfee is blocking it. We request you to have a word with your ISP regarding those suspicious connections.

Please access the below McAfee Articles about Blocked Risky Connections and Firewall FAQs

Your McAfee software blocked risky connections

Common questions about McAfee Firewall

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: 4,000 Suspicious incoming network connections blocked

Jump to solution

Hello @hkbb0723 

The blocked connections might be from a server, computer or even a website trying to get into your machine and McAfee is blocking it. We request you to have a word with your ISP regarding those suspicious connections.

Please access the below McAfee Articles about Blocked Risky Connections and Firewall FAQs

Your McAfee software blocked risky connections

Common questions about McAfee Firewall

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community