Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomdunlap74
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Mozy settings does not work with McAfee real time scanning

Jump to solution

I have used Mozy with McAfee for many years and have regularly changed the files that Mozy backs up. However, in the last couple of days I started having problems with Mozy on 2 different Windows 7 computers.  The problem is that I cannot save the Mozy settings which determines which files are backed up. I am using the Cox Security suite which is powered by  McAfee. Sometimes the Mozy settings shows every file is set to be backed up and I am over the Mozy limit, sometimes no files are set to be backed up and sometimes the correct ones are indicated. Then when I try to make new settings, Mozy will not save the settings. However, if I turn off McAfee real time scanning, Mozy works fine.  I have seen posts on this subject indicating that I need to exclude the Mozy programs from real time scanning and also make sure Mozy is allowed to access the internet through the fire wall.  I have done both but the problem remains unless I totally turn off real time scanning. I have also reloaded Mozy but not McAfee

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be appreciated?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomdunlap74
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: Mozy settings does not work with McAfee real time scanning

Jump to solution

The problem appears to be solved by excluding every individual Mozy file ( i.e. about 25 total from the Mozy program file) from the real time virus and spyware scanning. The firewall is not the issue.  This solution has worked for 5 days on 2 different windows 7 machines.  I am not sure which files actually need to be excluded.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I moved this provisionally to the Online Backup section but should point out, if this is Mozy online backup via the McAfee software, it is no longer supported.

If this is Mozy Backup bought separately then of course that is another matter.

Open McAfee software and then Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs.  (Takes a while to load. Click the word Program at the top to rearrange them alphabetically)

Locate Mozy, highlight and then click Edit and scroll down to toggle Netguard off.

Save and then see if things improve.

This probably is something best dealt with by Technical Support directly as they would need to troubleshoot it.   It's free by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

tomdunlap74
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

The problem appears to be solved by excluding every individual Mozy file ( i.e. about 25 total from the Mozy program file) from the real time virus and spyware scanning. The firewall is not the issue.  This solution has worked for 5 days on 2 different windows 7 machines.  I am not sure which files actually need to be excluded.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Probably the antivirus suspecting the content of the encrypted files I would imagine.   Glad you found a solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community