cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 15

Re: Safekey locked old My Documents folder on new Win7x64 install. How to unlock?

Jump to solution

Also some FAQs re File Lock

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101369

Did you make a password and three security questions ever?

mail2abin
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Re: File Lock locked old My Documents folder on new Win7x64 install. How to unlock?

Jump to solution

Select the Vault  file (  filename.vault) and open mcafee File lock map the Location of file lock to Your old Document (filename.vault)    

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 15

Re: File Lock locked old My Documents folder on new Win7x64 install. How to unlock?

Jump to solution

mail2abin wrote:

Select the Vault  file (  filename.vault) and open mcafee File lock map the Location of file lock to Your old Document (filename.vault)    

Thanks.  For your privacy and safety I have removed the email part of your user name.  You will need to log out and back in again as mail2abin to continue.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

jw6766
Contributor II
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks for everyone's input.  Looks like the files aren't recoverable.  I restored from backup. Moving on.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Sorry it didn't work out the way you would have liked and good luck. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community