cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juturna
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Cannot view "My Documents" in Windows Explorer.

Jump to solution

After installing Total Protection, I can no longer see my folders and files in "My Documents".  "My Documents" shows with the Mcafee icon beside it and the only item inside that is the vault.  If I search in that folder, I don't find my files, but searching the higher level folder "Diane" shows my files in "My Documents\Diane".  I can't find a way to make them viewable in Windows Explorer.  However, if I try to open a file from a program, I can see them all and I don't see the "My Documents" that has the Mcafee icon beside it.  I would just like to be able to see my documents in windows explorer.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium.  I put the Mcafee version, but see that each module has it's own version.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lpz999
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: Cannot view "My Documents" in Windows Explorer.

Jump to solution

Hi Juturna,

As designed, File Lock adds a link to "McAfee Vaults" in the "My document" folder for easy access to the vault file. This is very strange situation, it has not been seen before. This may be a bug of File Lock, we are going to investigate this issue. Meanwhile, you can disable File Lock from your system in case you do not use it.  In order to disable File Lock from your system, please do following:

(1) launch a command prompt and run as Administrator.

(2) From the prompt window, type:

• cd "Program Files\software\McAfee\MAT", hit enter key
  • regsvr32 /u McPvNs.dll, hit enter key
  • click OK on the pop up dialog box

(3) logout or reboot and then login again.

Then, launch Windows Explorer to see if you can see your files in "My Document" folder.

Good luck!

lpz999

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

It appears you installed File Lock so I moved this to that section.  Unfortunately I don't use the feature but this thread may help, see the "Correct answer" posted in the first entry there: 

Failing that Technical Support should be able to assist, see below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

lpz999
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Juturna,

As designed, File Lock adds a link to "McAfee Vaults" in the "My document" folder for easy access to the vault file. This is very strange situation, it has not been seen before. This may be a bug of File Lock, we are going to investigate this issue. Meanwhile, you can disable File Lock from your system in case you do not use it.  In order to disable File Lock from your system, please do following:

(1) launch a command prompt and run as Administrator.

(2) From the prompt window, type:

• cd "Program Files\software\McAfee\MAT", hit enter key
  • regsvr32 /u McPvNs.dll, hit enter key
  • click OK on the pop up dialog box

(3) logout or reboot and then login again.

Then, launch Windows Explorer to see if you can see your files in "My Document" folder.

Good luck!

lpz999

juturna
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello lpz999,  That worked so that I can now view my files in windows explorer.  However, there is no software folder in the path to MAT.

Thank you,

Diane

lpz999
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I am glad to solve the problem. You are right.  My bad, the correct path for File Lock files is: "Program Files\McAfee\MAT".  Sorry for that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community