cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmx
Former Member
Message 11 of 15

Re: Where is the McafeeAnti-spam folder?

Jump to solution

Email toolbar is displayed already - that is not the issue.

The problem is that it would appear that McAfee has created an outlook folder into which it decides to put spam. I want to be able to go into that folder and look at it.

I am not happy with a product making changes to my Outlook setup  that I cannot see.

cmx
Former Member
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

Further investigation into this now shows that I have a SPAM folder under one of my hotmail accounts that I believe may be the one set up by Anti-Spam, but this did not match the name that showed in the Unread Folder - it said McAfee Anti-Spam Folder. I expect(ed) to see a folder with that same name in my Mail Folders.

catman
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Have you tried starting Mcafee from the system tray click on e-mail and IM on the right then configure and advanced, is "put spam in this folder" set to Mcafee anti spam, if not select it and it may reinstal the folder, just a thought.

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

What type of accounts do you have ?

Try to see if you have a subfolder under you main Inbox(see if you have small plus close to it you can click on). Folder name should be McAfee Anti-Spam.

torwin111
Former Member
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Thank you, okv, for the exact correct answer. 

Now: why is it in such an odd place?  Like others before me, I discovered by accident that it existed, and then wasted a great deal of time looking for the bl&*%* thing when it should have been in the simple and obvious place, alongside all the other mail folders!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community