Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson
Contributor
Message 11 of 45

Re: Thunderbird 3.1 and Anti-Spam

Jump to solution

McAfee did an update last night that required a restart. NOW I have this problem that others have had - every single email generates a dialog box "this message was not scanned" or something like that, requires a click on OK before I can proceed.  How can I remove this notification?  Thanks

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 45

Jump to solution

Sorry do not use TB so cannot answer this definitively but someone wait for the fix might popin. Maybe disabling the antispam toolbar for Mcafee might help. Open Security centre go to Web and email protection/antispam and toolbar and deselect TB.

Oh there is a fix for TB and mcfee not working together coming in the next major patch. When all I can say not long to go.

buzzavix
Former Member
Message 13 of 45

Jump to solution

Pls...any news about that patch?

Thanks!

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 45

Jump to solution

No update as far as we have been told it is in the next major patch coming well soon. Cannot say date as I am wrong too often.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 3/09/10 6:05:42 AM
DeepButi
Former Member
Message 15 of 45

Jump to solution

Not July ... Not August ... September ongoing ... la la la ... maybe some month of some year some patch will fix it. Or maybe not.

(angry doesn't mean no humor sense!)

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 45

Jump to solution

Well to give a hint September will see two patches 1 on next Tuesday that will hopefully fix a big issue Mcafee is having with memory leaks and cpu usage and later on the patch you are after. Remember sometimes patch dates extend due to issues found in fixes though I have some hope this issue will be finally over soon.

buzzavix
Former Member
Message 17 of 45

Jump to solution

...and still waiting for that never coming patch!!!

Yesterday, I had to reboot my PC because of a new update of McAfee...BUT NOTHING!!!!

I guess we Thunderbird's users are not so important to McAfee to fix our issue.

Are we paying for your "fake" software next time we have to renew the license?

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 45

Jump to solution

Yesterday had the Mcagent and mcshield memory leak patch. Heaps happy to get that when they get it as it is a throttled release. There was no build number change.

Re thunderbird it is still September and the patch is out Thursday (touch wood) in aussie servers BUT I haven't had it confirmed the email fix is there. All the while Mcafee has been saying it will be there but I have asked for confirmation.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 45

Jump to solution

Techs say there was a patch back in July can any1 having issues reconfirm what your issue is with Pics if possible. I thought the patch was still on the way so we'd better check we are on the same wavelength.

DeepButi
Former Member
Message 20 of 45

Jump to solution

Your tech's are wrong ... or there is some very obscure tasks to be done manually to get it activated!

McAfee doesn't work at all in TB 3.1. Zero. 0%. Nothing.

Spam mails are marked as [SPAM] on the subject, but not moved to Spam folder. (Yes, I have the proper setting)

Clicking on Mark as spam does nothing.

Clicking on Mark as not spam does nothing.

Clicking on Add friend does nothing.

Clicking on ShowVerdict ... nothing

Clicking on ViewSetting ... nothing

By the way ... the TB icon for McAfee is still the old-shaped one (a big M in red, not a big M in red inside an armour ... don't know if this changed ...?)

NOTE: I used the method suggested by McAfee on-line support (regsvr tbirdins.dll) to "activate" the McAffee/TB connection. This was suggested back in ... JANUARY! ... so it's going to be longer than making a baby!!!!

Security center 10.5.195 21/9/10

AntiSpam 11.5.131 14/8/10 motor 2.2.0.9149

Thks for your efforts ... I would really know why I'm paying McAfee Spam if it doesn't work on one of the major e-mail systems!!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community