Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Quick Question about firewall

Jump to solution

Since I recently reinstalled Mcafee after uninstalling for a month.I was wondering if there was a change made to the firewall section.I have posted an image below.Didnt there used to be a check box for opening ports in this window?Am I missing something or has the software changed?Thanks

firewall.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

Re: Quick Question about firewall

Jump to solution

No actually I've never tried opening it in a limited user account to be honest as I never use them (I know that's supposed to be a no-no according to some people).

I shall now activate my guest account to see what it looks like in there.   If I don't come back you know I'm stuck somewhere.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Yes there normally would be...but are you perhaps looking at it from a Limited or Standard User account?

Settings can only be viewed and changed when signed in as an Administrator-level account.

Capture.JPG

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

HI Peter,No I have checked both accounts.There are supposed to be check boxes there no?I ran virtual tech and it found nothing.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Well SecurityCenter doesn't think you are an Admin so the best thing to do would be to phone Technical Support or use the onlne chat, via Useful Links at the top pf this page.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

This is the area where the ports were listed with check boxes next to them.Correct?I ran MVT again.came up clean.Since they are not there should I reinstall the software again? The Image was posted from My standard account which I use daily.When I log in to the Admin account it is the same.

Message was edited by: newjack on 12/13/11 1:16:46 PM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Yes it should look something like this when you open it....

Capture.JPG

You could try the Uninstall > MCPR > Reboot > Reinstall routine, if not then Tech Support is your best bet.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/12/11 1:22:56 EST PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

OK Peter.Thats what I thought.I was not sure if something had changed.Have you ever seen this before?Also thanks in advance for answering my Questions.Would you recommend a reinstall or support??

Message was edited by: newjack on 12/13/11 1:26:26 PM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

No actually I've never tried opening it in a limited user account to be honest as I never use them (I know that's supposed to be a no-no according to some people).

I shall now activate my guest account to see what it looks like in there.   If I don't come back you know I'm stuck somewhere.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi Jack.....I would recommend you try the uninstall reinstall to see if this fixes the issue as Chat would in all likelyhood will have you do this anyway.

Good Luck

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

As I suspected in the limited Guest account I got exactly what you did newjack:

(Disregard the greyed out Snipping Tool window - I should have moved that out of the way)

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/12/11 1:36:36 EST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community