Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul357b
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Trying to set up Shared Subscriptions in McAfee LiveSafe

Jump to solution

Hi. I'm new to the support forum, so I don't know exactly how this is supposed to work. I've just upgraded from 3-user Internet Security to LiveSafe, and I'm trying to set up shared subscriptions so that my wife can also download the product onto her mobile phone, and also manage other parts of the account in her own right on our shared PC. I found the instructions in the Knowledge Base on the McAfee site after logging in, but I wasn't able to find the links that they mentioned, such as "manage users and devices". I have similar-sounding links on my homepage, but none of them seem to get me anywhere. Apparently I'm supposed to see a "pop-up" saying "protection for you and your family", but I'm just going round in circles at the moment. I would appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice. Many thanks. Paul357b.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Abhishek_Das
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trying to set up Shared Subscriptions in McAfee LiveSafe

Jump to solution

Hi @Paul357b

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly follow the below steps to install McAfee on your family member's devices:

• Open a browser (chrome/edge/safari)
  • Visit the website home.mcafee.com
  • Sign in using your McAfee account credentials
  • Once Signed in, you will redirected to 'My Account' screen
  • Under 'My McAfee ' section click 'Subscriptions'
  • Select 'Add Device' next to your active McAfee Livesafe subscription
  • Click the device you want to add - PC/MAC/ Mobile/Tablet and select "Send Link'
  • On next page select "Next"
  • Enter the email address/ phone number where the download link will be sent
  • Now from the device where you want to install open the email to find the download link and use to install McAfee Livesafe

You can also use the below McAfee article or contact McAfee support for additional help.

How to download and install McAfee products

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Abhi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Abhishek_Das
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Paul357b

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly follow the below steps to install McAfee on your family member's devices:

• Open a browser (chrome/edge/safari)
  • Visit the website home.mcafee.com
  • Sign in using your McAfee account credentials
  • Once Signed in, you will redirected to 'My Account' screen
  • Under 'My McAfee ' section click 'Subscriptions'
  • Select 'Add Device' next to your active McAfee Livesafe subscription
  • Click the device you want to add - PC/MAC/ Mobile/Tablet and select "Send Link'
  • On next page select "Next"
  • Enter the email address/ phone number where the download link will be sent
  • Now from the device where you want to install open the email to find the download link and use to install McAfee Livesafe

You can also use the below McAfee article or contact McAfee support for additional help.

How to download and install McAfee products

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Abhi

Paul357b
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you for getting back to me about this, but I tried to follow the instructions given ("add device", "select smartphone", and "send download link") and it didn't work. All I got was a message informing me that an error had occurred. I had "live chat" with a McAfee advisor who was very helpful, and talked me through a procedure that I could have worked out for myself, because all we did was install the McAfee LiveSafe app on my wife's phone. My wife and I both have our own separate email addresses which we access independently on our shared Windows PC, and then we have our own mobile phones, on which we can access our own emails. I had successfully installed McAfee on my phone previously, but I had expected that with "Shared Subscriptions" we would be able to have our own separate log-ins (email address and passwords) with the one account. Unfortunately we don't seem to be able to find this option anywhere. It seems a bit pointless for my wife to have to use my log-in details to check her internet security on her phone, because when she opened the app, it just gave her the same information that it had given to me previously, in terms of data breaches, etc. Surely she needs to know if her own personal data has been breached, as well as checking other things which just relate to her own email account and her own phone. I'm sorry to appear a bit "thick" about this, but we're still no further forward with trying to set this up, even though my wife's phone is actually showing as being protected on the McAfee website on the PC (as well as my phone). Could someone please tell me if it is possible for my wife to have her own McAfee log-in with the one account, and if so, how to go about setting this up. Many thanks.

Paul357b
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi again. Many thanks to Abhishek_Das for assisting with this query. I am now in receipt of the comprehensive instructions that were sent to me, to set up a shared subscription for my wife's email and her mobile phone. Looking through the information I have received, I think I can see where I went wrong, because we had just downloaded the McAfee app from the Google Play Store onto my wife's android phone, and then logged in with my details. Obviously, there was no way of informing McAfee that this was intended to be a different account, which is why the same data-breaches have been identified on her phone as were showing on my email address. To all intents and purposes, it just appeared that I had two mobile phones. I think I can work it out now, because it looks as though we need to uninstall the present download from her phone, and then I have to send an activation code (which we didn't do) from the McAfee account on the PC, but this time we need to specify that it should be sent to her email address. We haven't tried this yet, but we're hoping that she will then be able to open the email and copy the activation code onto her device, whereupon McAfee will recognise this phone and different email address as being part of the account which exists under my log-in details (I hope this doesn't sound too confusing). I'll get back to the Support Community and report how this went when we've done it, and if necessary I may be asking for more help with it. Meanwhile, many thanks for the input.

Macneg
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Were you able to figure out how to add your wife? I have the same issue and can't find the manage users option. 

thanks! 

Paul357b
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution
Hi Macneg. No, I haven't followed this up since my last contribution to the Community Forum. All I've actually done is uninstall it from both my wife's phone and my own, so in the absence of any "quick-fix" we're now both unprotected as far as the mobile phones are concerned. The reason I didn't follow it up is that from past experience, I just don't believe that it will work. Good luck with it.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community