Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bollo
Former Member
Message 51 of 92

Re: Traffic Controller resets to "Smart Access"

Jump to solution

My issue with the traffic controller reset suddenly stoped.  WHat changed?  Right after a recent update for MS windows, the reset issue ended (Win 7 64).  During the update, the MS malicious scanner did find and remove something, which was not found by other scanners - I'm guessing it was something left over from an incomplete cleanup because there was nothing active in the system.  So, not sure what fixed the issue, but for the past week or so, firewall has been working normally.

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 92

Jump to solution

Unsure what was the cause as i said I have not been able to repro it so it probably is tied to some other program installed or bits left over from another install.

Please monitor it . I assume the Mcafee version still the same?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 17/06/13 6:33:28 AM
jerryjames
Former Member
Message 53 of 92

Jump to solution

I also have the same issue from last one month. mine is Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. One thing i know is  that this issue appears on my PC after installing windows update for Internet Explorer 10. When i install Windows update for IE 10 entire McAfee stop working, then i un-install windows up-date and McAfee start working, but issue mentioned above seems to appear. I reinstall McAfee several times but nothing seems to work.

Peacekeeper
Message 54 of 92

Jump to solution

Will check if any reports re that update (can you post the update number) causes any issue. As said noone here can repro it have you contacted support and see what they say get them to remote to your PC and view it happening.

Peacekeeper
Message 55 of 92

Jump to solution

Jerry and bollo what version of Macfee was this seen on?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 17/06/13 3:18:23 PM
Peacekeeper
Message 56 of 92

Jump to solution

Jerry try what Bollo suggested above

nigelg
Former Member
Message 57 of 92

Jump to solution

Well the problem has once again returned on my system (14/7/13)  after the latest McAfee Update Firewall 13.1.132 (Win 7 64Bit SP1). Dell XPS 8300 i5

Resets itself to Smart Access - each time I log off and back on just like it used to.

It can't be due to a Win update as none have been done since.

So any solution McAffee?

Nigel G

Peacekeeper
Message 58 of 92

Jump to solution

No Mcafee has not been able to reproduce this issue best you call support and let them watch it do it if they can see it during a remote connection.

Unless  more than a few report this to support I cannot see it happening as so far in 9 installs here and in my family I have not seen it either. This implies another cause. I will retest my 3 installs and see what happens.

So to repro it on your PC your set it to stealth and logoff then relog on. Mine has been on stelth since May and many logons since and still on stealth.

This with beta 13.8.151 and earlier versions of 13.1

jerryjames
Former Member
Message 59 of 92

Jump to solution

Hello all,

After a long time struggle now i can manage to set  ' Traffic Controller' option  to "Stealth" . I restarted my PC several times after that also its working fine.

This option is start working for me after i un-install "sync up nero", while uninstalling i fount that this application is trying to modify my  windows firewall settings. As per my understating McAfee is also using some component of windows firewall to make McAfee firewall working, In my case might be this software ("sync up nero") trying to reset or modifying some firewall rules and which may result in issue which we discussed still.

So may be in your case some software like this may cause this issue. I will suggest two methods to check weather this issue is caused due to some other software. Please first check   (1)   Then if its not work go for (2).  I am also not sure whether in my case this issue is fixed due to some updates.

1. Set 'Traffic Controller' option  to "Stealth" and restart your PC in  Safe mode, Then check weather  'Traffic Controller' option  remains in "Stealth" mode. If the ' Traffic Controller ' option  remains in "Stealth" mode then there should be some software which is resetting your firewall setting while starting the PC.

2. Start your PC in  Safe mode, Then Set 'Traffic Controller' option  to "Stealth" and again restart your PC in  Safe mode, Then check weather  'Traffic Controller' option  remains in "Stealth" mode. If the ' Traffic Controller ' option  remains in "Stealth" mode then there should be some software which is resetting your firewall setting while shutdown the PC.

If both did not work, Please let me know I will try to find some other solution .

chaywood
Former Member
Message 60 of 92

Jump to solution

Well since we have been reporting (now for several months) McAfee has done nothing to fix it, I HAVE even been able to reproduce it with tech support, and still nothing.  It must not be high on their priority list to fix.  They have left it up to us to do their job, at our expense.  Its like buying a car at full price with a broken motor, and telling ford how to fix it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community