Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

cannot activate scheduled scanning

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm running Security Center 10.5.  When I open SecCen and hover the mouse over Virus and Spyware Protection I see an Attention! message.  I go into this module, click around to implement scheduled scanning (which is Off), turn it on, make a change to the scheduled settings - pick a day and time, click Apply and figure this change should stick.  It doesn't. 

No matter what I do the Scheduled Scanning it is still turned Off.   Is this a known issue?  Suggestions?

This added - I also ran the McAfee Virtual Technician and there were no problems reported.  I will assume this is a known issue and will assume that McAfee is working on a solution.  This is not a big deal as I can manually scan, right?

Thanks, Dave Horne

Message was edited by: davehorne on 5/25/11 5:15:20 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: cannot activate scheduled scanning

Jump to solution

Can you please restart the computer in safe mode and try to turn on Schedule scan and restart the computer in normal mode. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Can you please restart the computer in safe mode and try to turn on Schedule scan and restart the computer in normal mode. 

davehorne
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Jay, your solution worked though it was not without problems of its own. 

While I could turn on Scheduled Scan in SafeMode, Real Time Scan was turned Off and I could not turn it On while in SafeMode.  When I rebooted the computer and entered Vista normally, the Real TIme Scan was still turned Off and it was a bit glitchy for a few seconds.  I went back and forth with the Real Time Scan setting and I finally got the ON setting to stick to the hard drive.

So, your solution did work but it introduced a temporary problem with the Real Time Scan setting.  Also, it seems to get the Apply button to work, I had to check an item that I didn't want and then uncheck it to activate the Apply button.  I'm sure some folks would not have done that and thought that the Apply button was permanently grayed out.

Your solution worked but perhaps this information should be passed on just the same.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

There is no need to worry about it, as McAfee Real-Time Scan will be turned off in safe mode.

davehorne
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Well, then I guess my problem is solved.  Thanks!  DH

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community