cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 31 of 121

Re: Blue Screen Installation Error ***mfehidk01.sys***

So far, so good.  No blue screens for 24 hours.  Will post again in a few days.

Incidentally I originally said the improvement came after a routine update.  I now remember it was after running Virtual Technician that the patch was downloaded so it might be worth others running Virtual Technician to see if they get the same results.

David

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 121

Interesting but 580 was not for that issue. Please monitor this. The new version of the file might be the telling answer

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/04/10 7:06:57 PM
user_17537
Former Member
Message 33 of 121

I have again tried the beta (is it the same as the patch) and i still get blue screen on my Tosh 64 bit. I've had to do a system restore to recover.

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 121

Beta ahead of the patch (sorry comment I had here was for another issue)

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/04/10 9:04:56 AM
theloveboat_sa
Former Member
Message 35 of 121

I have also had this issue on a compaq running windows 7 starter.  The original trial expired and when i tried to install my subscribed products the blue screen issue appeared and i had to restore to a previously saved point.

I ran Virtual Technician and it found a problem that could not be fixed (cannot download files!)

I retried again today (1 week later) and still have the same problem, at least i know what to do now if the blue screen appears.

I did try chat with a technical person but found no help and was told that some of the trial software remained and i had to call customer services in teh UK or US to assist in removing.  Being in the Middle East this is not economically feasible and is now frustrating me.

It appears tat since 15 February (nearly 2 and a half months) there is no certain fix at this moment.  Or is there?  I would appreciate any assistance possible.

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 121

You can use the removal tool to clean up installs It is in the usefull link tab at the top of the page.

Reboot manually remove any folders left and reboot and run the preinstall tool. Then

install from your account or cd.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/04/10 9:12:37 AM
beachcomber
Former Member
Message 37 of 121

This is my second post to this thread and I just wanted to say that this is still a big issue for me.

Given their recent recent failure. I can only think that McAfee are a company in real trouble. I've been hoping for a fix for this for several months now. - Just tried again and its still not allowing me to install McAfee Total Protection. - Just get a BSOD error. I've even performed a full factory restore of my machine.

I think I'll have to take my business elsewhere. It hurts me to do so, as I've been a loyal McAfee customer for years.

Beachcomber

Message was edited by: beachcomber on 30/04/10 06:34:35 CDT
shahamg
Contributor
Message 38 of 121

BSOD update: no add'l errors after removing McAfee Inetrnet Security from the Vaio Win7/64bit laptop. Using Msft security tool in addition to Avast.

New problem: on Toshiba Vista 32bit, consistent touchpad lockups after Mcafee update yesterday. Didn't bother calling support (didn't want to pay $40 for support on a license good for only 6 more months). Safe mode boot, removed Mcafee, running Msft and Avast now. Still have 3rd license of McAfee runing on an HP Vista laptop, no problems yet.

McAfee: Please share - Just WHAT is going on?

Guy.

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 39 of 121

My luck finally ran out with the first blue screen referencing 'mfehidk.sys' since the update or fix downloaded about 5 days ago.  On the bright side, one blue screen in five days is a lot better than one or more every day.  But still the problem remains if only in a reduced form.

David

Peacekeeper
Message 40 of 121

Restir the pot will ask on tomorrow's call

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community