Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Vulnerability scanner and Firefox

Not sure where the right place for this question is, but here goes - I have noticed for a few months now that the vulnerability scanner does not recognise the ESR Firefox versions and highlights them as being out of date.

If you are not aware, ESR versions are stable versions with no feature updates for a few months whilst security updates still occur, so there is no security risk of ESR. They are mainly used by business but I know a few pros and home users who had enough of constant updates to FF especially them trying to ape the crazy feature release schedule of Chrome.

Can we have fix for this please?

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Vulnerability scanner and Firefox

Hi ​,

Have you tried going into the Vulnerability Scanner settings and change your settings to 'Do not schedule a scan' ? I might add that I can bring this up to the concerned team,s attention.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to Vulnerability Scanner>Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi CD. I do actually want it to perform a scan periodically, but the issue is that it flags Firefox ESR as requiring update when in fact it does not.

There is no way of excluding that program and anyway I think it should correctly recognise ESR versions as being current from a security perspective, not outdated.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

I understand As I mentioned, I will bring it to their attention. Thank you for the input.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

As you can see, I indeed have brought this issue up as a 'Topic of Discussion on our Call.

1. MarkR/DougK  Vulnerability Scanner Issue  Vulnerability scanner and Firefox  CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

CD much appreciated.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

You are most welcome   Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your/Everyone,s input is (always) appreciated.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community