Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Telemeister6000
Contributor

Cannot Install Total Protection - M1 Max - Ventura 13.0.1

Hello there,

I recently purchased a new computer and set it up from my previous iMac with OS Monterey. I had Total Protection, which was working on that set up. 

I upgraded to OS Ventura shortly after it released. When I logged in I received error messages and could not run Total Protection at all. I stopped the program from starting at login and had no more error messages.

I recently uninstalled the program to try and do a reinstall. I downloaded the appropriate file from the 'My account' dashboard (mcafee-macinstaller-3.3) and opened the file. The McAfeeInstaller.app window presents itself and I click on this and provide the permission to make changes.

When I click ok, a window pops up for less than a second. I recorded my screen to see what the window is and it is labelled 'McAfee Master Installer' with the messages:

Setting up

Hang on...

We're checking for software that might not work properly with the McAfee software you're installing.

The screen disappears and there is nothing. It is as if the program has crashed and has closed itself. 

From reading the support forums, it seems that this is a known fault, however, I cannot find a resolution.

Can someone help please?

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community