cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Mlindos
Contributor II

Alert viewer not responding

I recently (13 May 2022) updated Windows 10 with the latest updates and immediately after that I've started experiencing problems with the alert viewer. The viewer appears but as a white block without any content in it, I can move the block and dismiss it but I can't click on anything in it. if I leave the block on the screen it hangs and shows that the application is not responding. I have replicated this behavior twice now and I can't figure out how else to manage the alert messages to allow or deny apps from connecting to the internet.

I've set my firewall to let me decide whenever an application needs to connect to the internet and with the alert viewer hanging I can't perform this task. Is there any other place I can manage this task without changing my setting in the firewall.

I've tried updating Mcafee and reinstalling Mcafee but it does not help. also tried updating Java but that didn't help either.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community