Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

xboxerj
Contributor III

Webadvisor Secure Search engine settings changing on its own despite my selections

Good evening.  I am using Windows 10, Firefox 84 and Webadvisor version 8.1.0.436.  I use Google for search engine.  I have the settings for Secure Search to show if a search result is secure in ANY engine.  Every so often when I open Firefox, usually when I occasionally see a box in the bottom right saying 'McAfee is speeding up this app' it reverts to 'tell me if a search is safe only in Secure Search.'  I will change it to any engine again and it will be fine.  I'm not sure if the McAfee speeding up app pop-up has anything to do with it but it is happening quite frequently.  The only way I notice is when I do a google search and do not see the protection colors.  If someone could please help me figure this out I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community