Cannot remove McAfee LiveSafe (ASUS packaged laptop)
Am posting this as I don't see the same issue (there are similar ones) being posted and I am unable find a solution so hope that someone might know the answer before I hear back from support.
I would like to remove McAfee so I can use my perferred AV.
Cannot uninstall McAfee Livesafe from an ASUS Win10 laptop that came pre-packaged with McAfee. Try uninstall from Add/remove programs after selecting McAfee LiveSafe and hit uninstall, McAfee UI Host window comes up with a html like page with the message "Navigation to the webpage was canceled. What you can try: Refresh the page.". There is no way to refresh the page so unable to proceed with the uninstall.
Things tried after hours of research:
1. Followed https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1034198/. DOESN'T WORK - Why? See issue description above.
2. Using MCPR tool - DOESN'T WORK - Stuck on "Removing product MFP" after left for hours. Tried few times with same result.
3. Using Revo Uninstaller - DOESN'T WORK - Revo uses the same uninstall method as Win10 by using McAfee UI Host so getting the same "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"
4. Using ESET AV Remover tool - DOESN'T WORK - ESET remove method also uses McAfee UI Host to remove and get same webpage was canceled
5. Tried booting in to Windows 10 SafeMode to remove - didn't work either.
6. Tried Windows 10 factory reset by removing all files and setting to default. Still has some removal problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: