cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

PeterNYC
Contributor

Whether McAfee tested the thumbnail drive virus from Mar a largo

President Trump's Mar a Lago winter White House had a woman invade it.  As reported in the media, the Secret Service found a virus on Chinese woman's thumbnail drive  Apr2,2019.  I wish to know 3 things:

1. Question 1; Whether McAfee read the newspaper article on this virus in the wild?
  2. Questions 2 : name of virus, and
  3. Question 3: whether McAfee tested it.

For ease of discussion, what is the name of the type of malware (e.g. "self-activating virus" is my term) for a virus that allows the thumbnail drive to start infecting as soon as it's attached. And then 3A) has McAfee tested such "self-activating viruses" on other thumbnails.

This was problem SR#2638521471 that I reported on Mon, May 13, 2019.  And I posted this as a question on StackOverflow  

What is really bad about the virus is that as soon as it's plugged in, it immediately starts writing to the laptop.

I think it is reasonable to expect an anti-virus company to handle an "in the wild" virus that is being used over 60 days ago.  According to standards, a company should fix reported problems within 90 days.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community