cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

GSperry
Contributor II

True Key Export Issue

I am trying to export my set of credentials from True Key and I am having some issues.

As near as I can tell there are two possible exports:

1. From the TK extension on Chrome – I go to settings, app settings, export and enter my master password  but when I submit - the file export doesn’t appear to do anything.  No file is created and no error is displayed.  The Help '?' displays copy about creating a .csv file.  I found an old reference on Google search to popups being suppressed but that isn't setting on my Chrome.
  2. If I Start TK from the Windows (10) app and it will create a .JSON file.  I have tried to import that file into MS Excel to verify the information but the detail data isn't parsed correctly (just shows the outer headers without the accompanying credential detail).  Opening it with a Text editor shows that the data is there but I would have to spend a lot of time manually reformatting all of the data. (Note:  I am not a JSON file expert so this could be my inexperience).

I really just want a backup of my file - not fussy about the file type as long I can get the data.  

Any insights would be really appreciated.

Greg

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community