Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Bing Redirect Virus

Somehow I have ended up with a fake antivirus called "Mac Cleanup Pro" on my macbook. Ever since it's made it's way into my mac I'm constantly being redirected from Google to Bing. Typing in my browsers search bar takes me to Bing- even going directly to google.com and using their search bar doesn't work. It will load Google for a slpit second before continuing on to load Bing. If I try to go back a page it won't allow me to go back to Google at all. I've run so many scans with McAfee and it doesn't seem to be detecting it at all. I've even tried cleaning up Google Chrome which is the browser I always use as I've read online that sometimes it's the browser itself and that it could have had something to do with the extensions I had. I reset all my settings in Chrome and even deleted Bing as a search engine option. I've also searched through all of my files and folders on my computer looking for anything suspicious and deleting all folders that I thought may be the cause but... to to avail. Nothing has worked and I'm completely stumped and annoyed at this point.

Labels (5)
Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community