Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Komposten
Contributor II

Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Hi!

Not sure if this is related to the McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE issue, hence posting in a new thread.

So, today McAfee started acting out all weird. Randomly when playing games my fps would drop to 1, and the whole game would freeze/lag for a few seconds before returning to normal. After a while I managed to figure out that McAfee's Module Core Service was the culprit -- it randomly jumps up to 20-30% CPU usage (which causes the whole laptop to lag to the point where I can't even move the mouse), while also maintaining a consistent 2-3GB of ram usage (see https://imgur.com/a/9Yj9M)!

What is Module Core Service doing that can cause it to freeze the whole system like this? And is there anything I can do to prevent this?

I have tested restarting, with no results. McAfee Virtual Technician or whatever it is called found no problems. I'm running Win 10 x64, with McAfee LiveSafe 16.0 R8.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community