cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

zymichaelyz
Former Member

McAfee Slows Down My Laptop

I had recently purchased McAfee to replace my Bitdefender after the subscription for the latter expired. I decided to try McAfee, and the price for the McAfee product was right. Ever since I had my McAfee product installed, my laptop has slowed to a crawl. It dramatically slowed down all of my social media, it slowed down my graphics software. It was so bad whenever I was in my social media, I would type something and I would be forced to wait for the type to show up. I have typed entire paragraphs without seeing the type come up until almost a minute or two later. Then, I would press ENTER for the post to be sent, only to see it take forever to do so. The software even disconnected my laptop from the internet time and time again. I was forced to keep re-connecting. With my knowledge of computers, I was certain McAfee was the culprit, so this evening I decided to uninstall the product. After I completely uninstalled the McAfee product, my computer is now blazing fast. I have yet to experience any slowdown. My social media is blazing fast, as is my use of graphics applications. McAfee is a staggering resource-hog. I should like to be able to do my banking, etc. I will not do so without any form of protection. Certainly not with Windows Defender. Seriously? Not a chance. I should like to find a way to tweak McAfee such that it does not turn my computer into a useless slow-poke. Other than the hogging of my laptop's resources, it is rather a good piece of protection. Any suggestions? Otherwise, I am dumping my McAfee software. I should like to prevent the need to do so as I paid money for the software. I know I would never get my money back.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community