Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor

Scanning questions.

I have Personal Firewall Plus for MSN. Had a major update earlier today to the following: Personal Firewall Plus Version: 16.0.1; Security Center Version: 16.1; VirusScan Version: 20.1; Personal Firewall Version: 17.1. The download and installation went just fine; I restarted my computer, just for good measure.

I decided to do a full scan later. Started the full scan. It stayed at 1% completed for almost 20 minutes (the wheel was turning, the number of files scanned moved along slowly, but smoothly). Unfortunately, I had to be away from the computer for a while, so I cancelled the remainder of the scan. Never got above 1% completed. Said "No issues detected", so all well there.

A bit later, I re-opened the McAfee and, time being an issue, decided to do a Quick Scan instead. Started that; after a couple seconds, NaN came up. When I went back to the "home" screen, the red bar came up and said that my computer is at risk. No other info.

I restarted my computer. McAfee came in just fine; opened it and the green bar is there with "Your computer is secure".

I haven't tried doing another scan yet, full or quick; wanted to see if anybody else has reported this problem.

One other thing -- the full scan staying at 1% for so long......was that normal? I never had that problem with the previous version.

If you need any other info, please tell me. I'm not the most computer savvy person on God's green earth, so don't be afraid to dumb down -- I won't be offended.

Thank you.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community